Friday, May 20, 2011

Gay Cleo Bachalor of the Year




I was first going to do this piece on how they make all the guys pretend to be straight to go in this comp, one year one of my friends had slept with at  least six of the guys, and knew at least another six from out in the gay clubs, and they are just the ones we know are gay, let alone the stealth ones.  And here they all are saying nothing about being eligible gay bachelors.  I think this is really sad, and one of the few areas of discrimination still happening.  And then I found this comment from the organizer when confronted by a journalist from the Daily Telegraph who came up to her and said "I just had one of the guys on my table tell me he is gay, why are you putting gay men in this ?"  The organizers response was " We do not call this the straight eligible bachelor, so of course gay me are eligible bachelors as well."  Need less to say the guy was not open about his preference in any of the interviews or promotion for this magazine.  How as a gay man could you go in this and deny who you are?  It is promoting a fake you.  Vote me for, but wait let me change myself to a version I think you might like better, now vote for me because you think I am straight! WTF, how spineless, if you are nominated then, you are already good looking and popular with a big bunch of people, fucking suck it up and do a little bit of gay rights promotion you bunch of self serving, self promoting ungrateful gravy train riding pretty boys.

I was doing a little bit of google research as what would make the ultimate gay bachelor, and nothing come up, like nothing at all.  So I took out ultimate and put in "What makes a good gay man"  and what I got was a bunch of spoof videos on YouTube some where funny, but really, comedy videos, hasn't anyone ever put any thought into this.  I can't be bothered to do it now, my version, but I shall with some time to do it properly, gay men should be asking what it is that they hold as virtues.

1 comment:

  1. I dont think there is a perfect gay man.

    Even the most perfect gay man will have a flaw. an Achilles heel. Something that will make you wonder twice. Something that would tarnish him.

    I know of such a guy. He is my sage. I reckon with him in my life im alot stronger and braver and more confident.

    But I know, that he is also only human.

    ReplyDelete