Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Epic Fail


Is what I feel about my holiday, I had such grand expectations of what it was going to be like, and it was nothing like that.
For starters the flight was hell, Dubai was hot and sandy and dusty and full of poor slaves, which really offened my middle class Australian sensibilities of a fair go for all.  The buildings are amazing, the food is great eveything is cheap and high quality, but they use slave labor to build it, so I am taking advantage of these poor guys working in upto 50 degree heat, I hated it.

Lebanon wasn't much better.  Basically I love my leb guys in Australia, but over there they are not flirty, they don't work out so have no muscels, and weren't interested in me at all.  Its so strange in Australia they are the opposite of what they are like over there.  The rich oil arabs are hot! there are so good looking its amazing.  But they don't talk to westerners, so I went my hole hoilday never talking to a hot arab Dubai local.
Abu Dhabi was better than Dubai, its not as manic so a bit easier to handle.  I stayed at the Sheraton Resort and it was amazing! I have never seen food like they had there in my life! truly amazing and cheap!

I worked really hard to find any gay life in Beirut and they were all hookers, after sex they would ask for money! not good for myself esteem to be seen as one big dollar sign, I'm only 31 for christ sake I don't need to pay for it yet surely.
The cars in Lebanon are amazing every one drives a Range Rover.  They are every where, even better cars than Dubai.  But there is poor people every where too.  No middle class just rich people and poor people, pick your side and stick to it, I missed Australias fair go attitude.

Shopping in both countries I found good.  Lebanon is not cheap, for such a poor country, but they had a few things I really liked, so one day I throw $1000 cash into city mall because the clothes were better than here.

3 comments:

  1. I had a vision of you going around and asking people is this it?? Everywhere u go! There's no place like home !! yes it is true poor people had to work to live they can't just spend says on end with their legs in the air lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting u will be here soon! 3 more days. I love that comment about going up to people and saying " is this as good as it gets ?" I should have!

    ReplyDelete