Saturday, March 17, 2012

Self Actulization & The City



While I was lieing on a bed in emergency in Royal Prince Alfred Hospital watching the fluid drip drip drip back into me to keep me alive last week, I had a realization.  Sydney is wonderful for one big reason.  Sure there is the beach, the great fashion, wonderful food, beautiful trees and garderns, amazing views, the most un affordable real estate in the world and normally beautiful climate.  But watching the Doctors and Nurses hurry about their business keeping people alive, I noticed all of them were about to clock off their shift and go to their other lives, the other reason they live in Sydney, sure they are ER dr's they feel important and well paid, but seeing as they were all from overseas, they have moved here for a reason.  And that reason is, Sydney lets you be the person you have dreamt of being.  As a city it helps you become that person with the oportunities it gives you.  Weather is sport, punk, gay, family, business, academic, what ever you scene is, you can have it without judgement in this city, you want it, you can access it.  On the path to self actualiziation, which it path to being the best version of you that you can be, Sydney helps you get there fast, stronger and more forfilled than any other city I have seen.

So thank you Sydney, for the best gift of all, a life that I want to live and happy people around me who are happy with theirs as well.  From the day I have been here, I stopped feeling that I was waiting for my life to begin, I felt like I as living my life, with pride and the one I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment