Thursday, November 4, 2010

I'm Angry

No post about sex today, I am using this blog to high light the PATHETIC state of public medical care in Sydney. I could go into more detail but as it is probably boring to you all I will just put the letter that I sent to the Sydney Morning Herald and the Telegraph bellow. I wonder if I will get published. Health care is a hot topic, so I might.

Letter to the Editor

I have just been correctly diagnosed; well I hope I have after 4 months of hell. I have had 13 courses of antibiotic and 11 trips to the doctors and 2 to ER. I would like to say openly that I have been let down by some of the Medical community. My regular doctor at Broadway Medical Practice, you didn’t both testing me for anything even though I came to you 5 times in 10 days. Sydney Eye Hospital on Macquarie Street, I came to you in an ambulance and you told me I had had a panic attack and I overheard the doctors saying that you thought I was faking it for attention seeking purposes, because I was stressed out. I was stressed out, I couldn’t breathe, but not because I was stressed. The Doctor at Bulli Hospital Emergency, you told me that I didn’t need antibiotics even though I told you I thought I had a chest infection. I have finally been found to have a streptococci’s infection in my lungs and it was found in the first round of blood tests. The doctor at Darlinghurst Medical Centre, thank you for finding it, but you were incredibly rude and hard to deal with and the way you blamed me for the state of my health as I was burning up with a fever was not helpful. And you also blamed me for self medicating, did you not read the notes from the other doctor at the practice who put me on the drugs that you said were masking my symptoms, I read them they were on the computer screen in front of you. 4 months of bad health, I have lost 3 jobs due to not being able to work; I have been extremely depressed due to poverty and bad health and being badly medicated. To all the medical staff who were supposed to be helping me, none of you did your job. If this is common place in the Sydney public health system, you should all hang your heads in shame, you are pathetic.

Angry
Newtown

Something I didn't put in the letter that was interesting is the rude old prick of a doctor who actually found what is causeing my bad health, said that I shouldn't be using medical practices for my health care as they are only for "the 5th teir in society, the dreggs and lossers who have no money and who will never amount to anything" its nice to know thats what the doctor thinks of his patiences in a bulk billing practice. And just because its obvious I am not a street person, by the way I speak, act and dress doesn't mean I have money, I was acctualy amost homeless last month, thats why I need to use a bulk billing practice.

1 comment:

  1. sorry to hear you had a bad experience with this. my doctor is great and i trust her to check up on every inch of me.

    ReplyDelete