Friday, December 17, 2010

More Beautiful Gorgeous Things: part 2




 
About once a month I go shopping for a lovely old Mosman lady who simply can’t be bothered facing the shops, so I take a borrowed black Amex and head usually to Chatswood Chase David Jones and buy what she wants and deliver it to her, lots of fun, and I like making the oh so sexy shop assistance think that all this stuff is for meeeee.  Well don’t  really care if they think I’m rich or not, but it’s just nice to have a legitimate reason to interact with the hot dudes who are serving me and it doesn’t hurt when I walk out with 10 grand of stuff in one hit.
This morning I got a phone call saying “The TV’s stopped working I’m sick of this one get me a new one and make it white”.  She said it much more lady like than that.  The only white one was a Bang and Olufsen starting at 13k and heading towards 26k.  It was all ordered and ready to be shipped from Melbourne for her, when her Christian guilt kicked in and she decided that it was simply to extravagant, which I am glad because excess like that make me sick, even if it is fun to write about.  The children in Africa can rest assured the checks are still coming children, your whole village will be educated and have clean water.  Thanks Mosman Lady.
This isn’t actually the most extravagant purchase I have been witness to I went to The Ferrari show room with a Dr. friend who was on a mission to buy a second hand one ($220,000) before tax time on orders from his accountant, and we walked out with a new one instead ($450,000), cash……. Ops.
We were sitting at the Bondi Junction David Jones oyster bar afterwards being generally fabulous and gregarious, with the other Eastern Suburb dandies drinking champers at 3pm in afternoon and laughing and carrying on when this yummy grandma wanted to part of our fun so she asked me “what have you been up to darling?” “We just bought a Ferrari” I said and seeing as I look nothing like the good Dr. I couldn’t possibly have been his son due to two different skin colors, and the Grandma must have mistaken me for a Hooker and said “well make sure he buys you something nice too, like a nice Tiffany’s tennis bracelet, get him to leave it on the passenger seat for you.” She said with a wink. I tried to stop my jaw from dropping, it was so funny.  I never told the Dr. what had just happened as he was too busy discussing consult fees with another plastic surgeon he knew that was sitting at the oyster bar as well.


I have been anxious lately and I can put it down to a few things.  50% too much coffee, 50% things are going well and it scares the bjesus out of me when things are going well as it usually means I’m in for a crash because in my life bad follows good like clockwork.  One wise soul once told me the more you have the more you have to lose and that’s why some executives crash and burn because they can’t handle the thought of losing it all so they just check out instead.

2 comments:

  1. Dont be so pessimistic Darlink! Enjoy the good times and roll with it. Think positive- you've had enough down times its your turn to have good things come your way.

    Oh and PS. What kind of extravagant mid life crisis Dr buys a brand new Ferrari? :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant even drive... and im pushing 23. my mother wants me to drive and im thinking.. wot if i crash.. that wud b on ur head!

    ReplyDelete