Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bridging the Gap

This is a term I picked up in the movie She’s Out Of Your League, great movie by the way, I thought it would be good and it beat my expectations which is hard to do when they are already high. Any way this movie is about a guy who rates 5 on the hotness scale and he dates a girl who rates 10, and trouble pursues from their different social hotness standings. “Bridging the gap” is what his friends give him as advice saying “no one can date more than 2 points out of their league.” So basically he should stop wondering why his relationship is in trouble and go back to his own hotness pool which is 5. And stop trying to date a 10. I find this highly confrontational viewing, and very close to my own neuroses. I guess what my real beef is that if I lost weight I would to most people probably be a 10. If any of my friends read this and disagree, please be gentle in letting me know that you do not see me as a possible 10, even future fit me. For people who don’t know what I look like it would probably help to have a description here. I’m 6 foot, blue eyed, dark hair and have all of it, well proportioned, muscular athletic build with a great face, lovely smile, nice tanning skin and because I’m socially smart I present very well fashion wise and facial expressions etc, basically I can charm the martini glass out of an alcoholics hand. But I am over weight and this delightful package is hidden under a layer of fat, which drops me down to about a 7. Worse on a bad day.
My problem is due to bad health I find it very hard to train properly, and therefore food becomes my pick me up, as I’m not getting the rush from exercise. Excuses, excuses, I know but I do have a broken back on top of chronic lung problems and the stress of poverty that comes with long period of unemployment, in large part due to my health restraints. Ps. I also come from a wealthy family which loves money more than their children, so I it’s quite stressful to watch the two tiered life that different members live based on inheritance.
Anyway this movie held a mirror up to my face like no other in making me realize that for all my potential I am only a 7 ATM and it wouldn’t hurt me to acknowledge that at some point. I am who I am, I am not my potential. So I realize that my pain comes in part from the pursuit of unobtainable hotness, I always lust after the hottest girls and guys, but can’t really say I am one. But there are men out there who are the hottest version on themselves who still only rate a 7. Do they feel the same pain I do, or are they more resigned to it, because they are as good as it will ever be for them?

I would love to know other peoples coping strategies. I seem to be ok with not being Kerry Packer money wise, was mildly disappointed I never made it to the Olympics as part of the sprint team , but when it comes to being good looking, and more importantly what my partner looks like…… why oh why do I get so bent out of shape. The thought of being seen in public with an ugly person on my arm for the world to judge me by shits me to tears. Who one pairs off with in my world seems to scream that’s where your status in society lies. Am I wrong to think like this? Am I alone to think this?
So to break it down there seems to be two main themes. 1. One’s own personal potential, and meeting it. 2. Once you have maxed out your own potential, dealing with not being and 8, 9, or 10.
If anyone is going to post some helpful ideas, please be more creative than “learn to love yourself” or all the inside bullshit, yes I’m lovely inside already, I do love myself very much, I love the person I am and I have great respect for the way I treat people around me. Inside is not the issue of this blog today, outside is.
I think the only answer is get to a 10 or stop caring, there is no other way of bridging the gap with oneself. As far as dating, I would love some glam glam hottie to find me adorable even though I was a horrible 5. I think that’s what love is. I love women who adore their overweight husbands and pretend that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. I don’t find it as cute in the gay world as mmmm I think the gay male world should be more about hard core hot sex, and less about doting love between miss matches. Personal preference of course and no judgment of people who hate what I just wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment