Wednesday, October 13, 2010

OMG

I don’t know what’s going on with the world. I started work at the smash repairers and on day 2 I was told the boss / owner is gay……. Quite cool really, an openly gay man running a large successful smash repair business. I love the thought of gay men leaving the traditional employment realms of the gays and being the boss of a bunch of straights, and ocha straights at that. The vibe at the work place as far as I can tell is very caring and supportive and considering that most of the all male workforce travels in from Campbell Town and Wollongong and I would be the only one with a uni degree, I can’t help but wonder if it’s the tone from the boss that brings it out in all the men.



I went on a date with a 25 year old Lebanese man from Lebanon tonight, he was so straight acting, that if he could be gay, it doesn’t baud well for the rest of the male populous. After my date I went to a café where I had previously walked past wearing short shorts, thongs and a singlet and there was a very hot builder working late finishing the shop fit out. I did a few laps starring at the hotness, when I spotted a sign for employees needed. I decided with my new ammunition I would go in and ask the builder if he was the owner or the builder as a rues for talking to him and his hot builder friend. “Hi there boys, I just saw the sign for workers and I just wondering if you were the owner, or the builder?” “Both” he said “That’s hot” I said. I can barely believe I said it….. So Paris. Anyway I had an interview the day later with a cute Middle Eastern guy, but didn’t hear back so, didn’t think anymore of it. Until tonight, the cute ME owner / manager was on and remembered my name and comped my meal, nice of him I thought, must be compensation for not getting the job I thought, but then I got talking, he wants to reconsider me for the manager role, and told me about all the other stores he is opening, the hot owner builder was still hanging about, and they looked a little similar so I thought it must be a family business, Father - Son, or older brother - younger brother, any way turns out they are PARTNERS…… OMG WTF? My fantasy of straight acting, but caring and sexually active gay men seems to coming true all around me. Up until recently when ever some has told me they are gay I can almost instantly see why. Some insecurity or need for male love comes glaring out me, but is there a new class of gay male who’s masculinity is perfectly in tack and they are gay by choice? Just imagine where this will take us, rippling straight guys deciding how they want to live their life, perfectly attracted to girls, but get to age 22 to 28 and go “you know what, I think the gay life style is for me, I’d rather live with one of my mates and it’s easier to get sex until I partner off.” Besides who wants children anyway, expensive, needy and kill your social life. Well at least we now have the option of doing "the Madonna"; swoop through a third world country and adopt some half raised beautiful child from a war zone.


I think I have hit on one of the new sexual frontiers, if being gay gets to a point where it is so destigmatized that children are asked by their parents "what would you like to be sweetie, gay or straight?" and the school yard of an all boys school no longer call each Gay 20 times a day as put down, and changes into more of a "So Ben you think your going to be gay hey? wow that so cool, I hope I turn out gay as well, so much better than being straight."
And preschools and kindergartens start to teach about love, respect, attraction and feeling with out reinforcing the traditional gender roles, wow what a world this would be.
Just once it would be nice to see a straight couple have to deffend their life style choice. "Hey mate its ok to be straight, not all of us want to live your life style and live with mates, chicks are cool dude, you should try it some time, stop being so narrow minded in your thinking, girls can be sexy too." Imagine hearing that and having to come to a straights deffence "leave Darrel alown, its his choice to live with a girl."


In other news, I had my first ride in a scoffer driven Mercedes, well it was a ride in an ambulance to Sydney Hospital because all the other emergency departments were busy last night, it’s the only way to go to ER, cue jump, find the least busy ER, driven in style. On my way home I flagged a taxi on Macquarie Street and it’s amazing how quite the city is on a week night. Any way the taxi that picked me up was very new and clean and the driver was cute, so I surprised myself, even after a trip to ER with two collapsed lungs, I still found a way to get the cute driver to give me his number. I said I was looking for a regular taxi to book and he wrote down his mobile number on a card for me…… still got it, might ring him now and see he needs a rest stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment