Thursday, October 7, 2010

Psychic Encounter

I just went to a psychic who said I need to write and that I will be published by January. I find this very confronting as I am broke, well I have $500 to last me two weeks and that’s how much my rent is, and when I said that’s why I try and get jobs in the corporate field, for security, she said “there is no security in corporate jobs, that’s why you have had 40 jobs, you are trying to make yourself into someone you’re not”. I went to a psychologist for career counseling 3 years ago and according to the Myer Briggs test I should be an actor, by a long way. At the time I thought “Oh great I have just been told I will be a waiter for the rest of my life”. I’m about to be a homeless, although the psychic said that won’t happen, I have no job, although I do have a prospect of one in two weeks, but the psychic said that my boss was represented by the devil card and that he would promise me the world and absolutely abuse and use me…… well a little like every other job I have had I guess. When I said “I have started writing, I started a blog last week”, she said “Well that’s ok, but you need to write properly, and I can guarantee you will be published by January, February at the latest”. I haven’t even wanted to write before last week, and now I’m going to be published in 3 months???? This is very puzzling to me. But I have to wonder if her advice about things not working for me because I’m trying to be sensible, but that isn’t sensible because that isn’t what my talents are, is giving me food for thought.
It’s very hard to fathom that the most sensible thing to do for security is to be an actor or a writer. What are the odds, 1% of people make it as an actor or writer that want to be one?

My Father was a farmer and as boring as bat shit, my Mother a nurse and as equally as dull, my brother is an engineer and makes $120,000 by the age of 26, could it really be true that my 20’s have been such a mess due to the total lack of support or guidance and bullying from my family, who try and make me more like them, because they cannot comprehend me? This is truly a painful sentence for me to write as I look back at my 20’s and all the disappointment and total lack of productivity that that decade has been for me………
I used to have dreams, but thought that they were what were causing my financial problems, because I wanted to do what I wanted to do, and not what society found valuable, but is the real reason - I have been white anted by my family who find anything different from them too challenging to comprehend, and hence needs to be stopped? I think this is getting closer to the truth.
This took place at the Marly Bar in Newtown and I was there with two of my old friends, two very glamorous sisters I’ve known from back in Canberra. I was giving them the chance to name themselves for this blog, but haven’t come up with anything clever yet, so let’s work with the descriptions for tonight, L the older one and channels Old Hollywood Glamour and would Give Elizabeth Taylor a run for her money in the beauty and style stakes, S the younger is gym fit and more sexy Bond girl in her style, any way the girls needed to run for dinner at 8 at the Quay Restaurant, they say it’s the best in Sydney? Is it? Any way girls you have been introduced tonight and shall be named in your future appearances.

No comments:

Post a Comment