Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Soilder Love

-They gave me a medal for killing two men, but dishonorably discharged me for loving one-
Thus read the epitaph on a Vietnam Veterans’ head stone.  As was pointed out to me in the book I’m

reading “10 Things” this says a lot about how our society views masculinity.  To kill and dominate others is desirable, but to love a man is weak and undesirable.  The Alpha male dominate all others thing is such an immature way to operate.  Children who have been poorly parented often have the need to dominate others as they were never disciplined in the art of the win win approach to life.  I really feel that as more time goes by and as the general social intelligence of the population goes up, this need to dominate others to get by, which is basically cave man stuff, will wane.  And the male need to base their masculinity on NOT liking other men, will relax.  Straight males will not be straight because “oh dude its so gross when I think about two dudes together” but because they genuinely like women.

No comments:

Post a Comment