Sunday, April 17, 2011

Stay Around (For This) - Milk & Sugar


This song has been around for years, but I have never owned it before now, I was in "Name This Bar" with bf a few weeks ago and I heard it and thanks to iPhone and shazam I was able to down load it on my way home.  It just reminds me of all the good times I have had in clubs over the years, 12 years of going out x by 52 would = 600 plus nights out, and I used to go out 4 nights a week some times, so guess I could have had 1200 nights out in the clubs in my life!  And most of them were good ones, so that's a lot great times and memories.  If its loud I wear ear plugs, so just as well or I could be deaf by now.  I guess this is the closest thing we have to a song?



I guess that makes me a club boy?  I have always loved good clubs, I hear people whinge "I don't like going out any more, I'm all about food and wine and sitting and chatting"  BORING, some one call the police before I die of passive boredom.

2 comments:

  1. One of the songs that defined a moment in time for me is "no more" by 3LW.

    Being Asian, I was always going to those sunday classes that taught english and maths, people often confused me for attending catholic sunday classes but these office building type learning institutions were our "sunday class".

    At the end of the term, the teachers would hand out trophies to the top 2 students and I had worked my ass off and felt like I fully deserved it. But when he gave it to the other people, I felt cheated, depressed, ashamed, overlooked, underappreciated. Everything I was just devastated.

    So as I was doing my maths I had tears in my eyes and I had this song playing over and over again. "where did we go wrong, what happened to our love, we used to be best friends"

    It was a horrible time in my life. I still dont get why asian parents put so much emphasis on learning when we forget most of what was taught anyways because society dont require it in everyday life. I went through alot of glory afterwards by getting all the trophies, but I started out missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another song that is totally unrelated to me but brings back sooo many memories is "you got the love" which played at the sex and the city finale. Where Carrie is walking through a sea of people in manhattan but the camera is always focused on her.

    And she is confident, hopeful, satisfied, sexy. After all these years the audience have cheered her own and gone on her journey, finally, she got the love.

    and the friends, and the lifestyle, and the man, and the looks. She had it all. The song really tied the show together.

    ReplyDelete