Thursday, March 17, 2011

Huge Fight, End of a Grand Friendship



I have called it quiets on my best friend, after so many great times together.  He is a wonderful person, and truely an indervidual, but with those dizzing highs come monumental flaws.  He has always been hard work, I have born the brunt of some pretty discusting behavior over the years, but when things were good, they were so much better than hanging with anyone else.  Well after the 3rd year in a row he forgot my birthday, and 4 year of living in Sydney together, and he still hasn't ever made the effort to meet up with me, its alway me who has facilitated our get togethers, some thing snapped inside me and I haven't talked to him for two weeks.  Today I responed to one of his numorous attempts to get in contact with me.  And he was faced with some of his behavior.  Well he was too weak to addmitt that he needed to change, and ran for the hills to hide from some one criticizing him.  I guess if he wants to change their might be hope for us, but the emotional black mail he has pulled in the past isn't going to work any more.  I will not give in, he needs to change his selfish ways.


I feel like I have broken up with some one, but there aren't really any movies that deal with when two great gay friend go their own ways.  If it is a lover, you can tell people you have broken up with some one and they understand, but with a friend, there is no automatic out pouring of grief.

I feel loss and relief at the same time, I do think he might have been a major road block stopping my life from moving on in the way it needs to.  He might feel the same about me, but he has no reason to end our friendship, it was deffinately me who was being mistreated and used.

I can't help but feel that a MAJOR chapter in my life has closed, we were school friends and have been besties for 19 years.  That is a fucking major good bye, its like getting a divorce, except all we did was by text message, and no one else knows that were are over.

Jamie I think you were onto something when you said "Friendship is a matter of distance" I think thats where we went wrong.  We did every thing together but we weren't in a relationship.  I don't think I should get so close to someone who has no accountability to me.  He would just retreat from our friendship when ever it was his turn to do something nice, or something I needed.  I would do it for him with out thinking, because thats who I am.  But because we weren't a couple, he felt no need to be accoutable to me.

2 comments:

  1. When the spice girls broke up, the entire world was in shock. But they wrote a song about it and its very peaceful, mature, hopeful and healing.
    There was alot of pain and anger and betrayl behind the scenes. But the message of "goodbye" was that there is a rainbow at the end of every storm.

    Jamie sends Cassius hugs.

    ReplyDelete