Saturday, March 12, 2011

Put an Iphone on it

Put an Iphone on it

I have had an extremely interesting day.  After sleep over number two and date number three with my South America Lover, as I was driving him back to his car he hoped on his phone and ordered me an iphone because he knew I wanted one and its being delivered Tuesday.  This is the single biggest grand gesture anyone has ever done for me.  I am feeling very loved and special.  To make it even grander, he has an iphone 3 and he ordered me an iphone 4.  I said you have the new one and I will have the old one, “no no, I don’t care about that I don’t want a new phone, you have it.” Was his answer. Aaaarrhhhh so sweet.  I then made sure I phoned 6 of my female friends today to rub their noses in it.  Well just show off, no boyfriend of theirs will ever compete after this.  Their expectations will be ruined.  I told my neighbor and she said “put an iphone on it” is the iphone the new jewelry?  Is an Iphone a gay boys diamond ring?  I have heard wearing a wedding band makes some people like bees to honey, you get more interest than when you don’t where it.  An iphone gives you grindr, which is guess is similar.
So today as I thought about the grand romantic gesture from someone who we both thought would be heading in the friendship direction, makes me wonder if I have an unexpected functioning relationship on my hands.  Zero expectations from both of us as we both like to live for the day not the past or future.  But as I calmly went about my business today I noticed quite a few single 40 year olds / late 30s and 40’s plus gay men about.  You’re all completely fucked.  Now I know I am 30 writing this, but how come I’m on my game at an age appropriate age?  Pairing off at 31, seems good and fine, dating at 31 looks good.  But 40 and still single and still going to saunas, I mean really, what’s going on.  I have one good friend who is 45, doesn’t look it, and single and my god he is a cautionary tale.  Good looking guy, big TV profile, two failed relationships, one for 8 years and one for 5, ended up at 40, no house, no boyfriend.  Drank like a fish and took copious amounts of drugs, probably killing the pain of loneliness I think, and he has love to give I think, he was always very caring of me.  Am I lucky? Am I smart to be at this stage at this age?  Are other people silly?  Was I lucky I read “10 Smart Things Gay Men Can Do To Find Love” and others guys haven’t been lucky to come across it, or aren’t looking for help?  I don’t know the answers to these questions, but I hate smug couples and I WILL never be one, but I do feel loved today.  I thought that I too was on track for being a cautionary tale.  “Cassius so much promise, so talented, never had any luck in love, died lonely, always alone.”
Its amazing how one little piece of technology can mean so much.  I now belong to the iphone club, but I thought about a few other tick boxes that I have now filled as well. 
Have designer warehouse conversion apartment with swimming pool in inner city   tick
Drive cool designer SUV, a leather clad Jeep    tick
Now have age appropriate career focused boyfriend with kind heart.   Tick
Have own business and work as a tradie, have sexy tradie body and sexy straight tradie friends.    Tick
Have cool designer background with architecture degree    tick
Have a cult following of my writing on culturally exposing blog    tick
Things changed from bleak to brilliant almost overnight, well at least my perception of what I had did.  Maybe meeting someone new and nice was the only thing missing, and once that peg was in that whole I realized that all the other pegs were already in theirs.  Here’s hoping they don’t change back just as quickly.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so afriad of being 40 and still dating. I do not want to be single forever...where is he???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post!


    http://www.ajaffe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont forget the cute puppy... u need a cute puppy dog

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so afriad of being single at 30. single at 40. for an asian.. the odds of finding a man decreases 90% with every yr u age. so by the time im 40.. my odds are 1 to 10000000000000

    luckily i am hot.

    ReplyDelete